COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
COVID-19 vaccine candidates are being offered through an Emergency Use Authorization by the Food and Drug Administration. The vaccine is being administered in phases to DoD uniformed service members, both the active and Selected Reserve components, including members of the National Guard; dependents; retirees; civilian employees, and selected DoD contract personnel as authorized in accordance with DoD regulation.
The vaccine is being offered on a voluntary basis, but priority populations are highly encouraged to get it. Getting the COVID-19 vaccine protects yourself, your family, your community and our nation.
To learn more about the phased plan and DoD priorities, visit: www.health.mil/COVIDVaccine
Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine
The healthcare professionals at the 72d Medical Group stand ready to assist you and your family members by providing you with the latest information on the COVID-19 vaccination dates and times.
The COVID-19 vaccine currently available at our facility is Moderna. To learn more about Moderna, please visit the FDA website.
The Department of Defense is utilizing a Phased approach to administer the COVID-19 Vaccine. Our MTF is currently in Phase 1a and only these personnel are authorized to receive the vaccine at this time:
- Emergency room, urgent care centers, and first responders (i.e., police, search and rescue, and fire personnel).
- Health care and support personnel at military hospitals and clinics, along with other non-clinical staff authorized to receive the DoD, who support patient care
- Outpatient health care and support personnel, including National Guard and Reserve personnel as well as active duty service members deploying or supporting operations in Title 10 or Title 32 duty status.
If you or family members do not meet the criteria noted above for Phase 1a, you will not be able to receive the vaccine from the medical facility at this time. When the next Phase is implemented, you will receive an email or mail correspondence.
- Please ensure the most current information is reflected in DEERS so you get the information in a timely manner.
- No waiting list will be initiated or allowed due to HIPAA compliance standards.